Arthur Ashe was the first African-American male player to have won three grandslam titles and inspired a generation of athletes.
He had a heart attack which forced him retire from professional tennis. He contacted HIV AIDS diring blood transfusion on the second bout of heart attack.
When he shared this news with the world he recieved letters from fans all over.
One of which read: “Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease”?
To which Arthur’s response was both touching and wise.
“The world over — 50 million children start playing tennis,
5 million learn to play tennis,
500,000 learn professional tennis,
50,000 come to the circuit,
5000 reach the grand slam,
50 reach Wimbledon,
4 to the semifinal,
2 to the finals,
When I was holding a cup I never asked GOD ‘Why me?’.
And today in pain I should not be asking GOD ‘Why me?’ “
• Happiness keeps you Sweet,
• Trials keep you Strong,
• Sorrow keeps you, Human,
• Failure keeps you humble and
• Success keeps you glowing, but only Faith & Attitude Keeps you going..”
Sometimes you are not satisfied with your life, while many others in this world are dreaming of living your life.
A child on a farm sees a plane fly overhead dreams of flying, while a pilot on the plane sees the farmhouse and dreams of returning home.
That’s Life! Enjoy yours…Because;
• If wealth is the secret to happiness, then rich should be dancing on streets, but only POOR kids do that.
• If power ensures security, then VIPs should walk unguarded. But those who live simply sleep soundly
• If beauty and fame bring ideal relationships, celebrities should have the best marriages
Therefore, live simply, Be happy, Walk humbly & Love genuinely!”
He spent his final years raising awareness of HIV AIDS and helping the victims through his foundation.